Diabetic foot is one of the most serious complications in the late stage of diabetes. According to the literature, the incidence of diabetic foot accounts for about 15% of diabetic inpatients, and diabetic insoles are new health insoles specially developed and designed for the protection of diabetic foot, which can effectively protect the patients with diabetic foot.
The high-risk group of diabetic foot is mainly patients with long disease cycle and older age, but with the continuous spread of diabetic foot, foot disease patients obviously tend to be younger, patients suffering from diabetic foot, the lighter the foot perception will gradually numb loss, the situation is more serious will lead to foot amputation.
The common infection faced by most diabetic patients is foot infection, and the high rate of disability in diabetic foot can often lead to amputation or even life-threatening conditions. The risk of amputation in diabetics is 25 times higher than in the general population. Worldwide, 70% of amputees are diabetics, and worldwide, on average, one person loses a foot every 30 seconds due to diabetes.
Diabetic Foot Prevention and Care
1. Diabetic foot prevention is the key. For diabetic foot high-risk groups to strengthen education and management, timely screening of foot disease risk factors, timely intervention.
2. Long-term blood sugar control is the foundation. Always grasp their blood sugar status, and according to the condition to determine the increase or decrease the dose of insulin, pay attention to dietary habits and standards, every day to eat on time.
3. Diabetic patients moderate exercise to prevent the occurrence of foot disease. For diabetic patients, as far as possible in 1-2 hours after meals exercise. But when exercising, pay attention to the scientific choice of shoes and socks, it is best to use special sports shoes.
4. daily foot examination. Inspection must be carefully observed, pay attention to the skin of the foot, especially the soles of the feet, toes area whether there are small blisters, abrasions and cracks, whether the local skin is red and swollen, whether the color of the skin is normal and other conditions.
5. Daily foot care routine. The feet must be kept dry. Dry skin, cracks, or even lead to infection, when this condition occurs, use skin care cream or cream, while properly massaging the foot.
6. The importance of choosing shoes, insoles and socks for diabetics. Diabetic off-loading shoes insoles are new health insoles specially developed and designed for the protection of diabetic foot, and their suitable selection of materials and scientific workmanship can effectively protect patients with diabetic foot. It is important to choose the right insoles, shoes and socks. Unsuitable shoes and socks are more likely to cause damage to the feet of diabetic patients, leading to ulcer formation and amputation.
Feel free to CONTACT US for more details.